Thursday 1 April 2010

Checking the car out

The first time I saw the car I wasn't allowed inside (I mean, the keys were unavailable). It looked OK. Advantages were it had recently been MOT'd and was being sold freshly serviced. (Read later posts on THAT one!). But I got to peer round the outside and it mostly looked fine apart from one or two minor things that needed fixing.

Before the car was ready, I insisted on taking it for a test drive. The salesman I'd been dealing with was off so his colleague took me out. I finally got to see inside! I wonder why the hadn't been keen to let me inside before. (1) Broken headlamp height adjustment switch. (2) Very worn door handles, paint all off. (3) Very worn drivers seat. (4) Rusty seat runners. They agreed to replace the broken switch and get replacements for the door handles.

No comments:

Post a Comment