Friday 2 April 2010

Another go at the fuses, and creating a new fault

I didn't want to give up on the fuses so had another go today.  I got it open, and contorted myself into an entirely unnatural position, which involved dislocating several limbs.  In actual fact I tried to take photographs of the little diagram but failed.  I did manage to just about make out some of it though, and worked out which fuses were for the windows. 

The top middle fuse, a 40W, has a window picture.  The 2 middle fuses in the 2nd row, each 25W also had windows.  They turned out to be for the front windows.  It was great fun getting them out and in.  Then tried removing the 40W.  Yip, back windows disabled.  Put it back in.  Still not working.

Then we noticed that none of the windows wanted to run properly.  Uh oh!  The remaining 3 windows would go down an inch then stop.  So I tried the reset trick I'd heard about.  I held the window switches all in the up position for a count of 10, switched off the engine whilst still holding them, switched on, and carried holding on the switches for another 10 seconds.  Hey presto!  The 3 windows were back to normal and working again!  Sadly, the one dead one was still dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment