Thursday 1 April 2010

Check Gearbox

When out driving one Sunday there was a clunk from the gearbox which you could feel though the drivetrain. And the little display said "CHECK GEARBOX". I just coasted to the side and switched off. When I restarted the message was gone and the car ran fine until it said "ELECTRONIC FAULT" 10 minutes later. I restarted again, and the messages stayed away for a week.

The following Saturday felt the clunk again and it said "CHECK GEARBOX". Restarted and finished the journey, but booked the car in to have it looked at.

The dealership called me back. It's the EVM sensor within the gearbox. And (guess what) it's NOT COVERED IN THE WARRANTY. And it will be very expensive to fix.

This is where I threatened legal action. And asked for the sales manager to call me back. (Being a solicitor helps when you threaten legal action).

Next day he did: they will cover this work after all. But they don't have the part. Now we're just waiting for it to come in....

No comments:

Post a Comment